Ozone therapy for teeth is one of the most effective methods of modern dentistry. With this method of treatment, you can eliminate the foci of inflammation in the tissues of the oral cavity. It is known that the inflammatory process at an early stage leads to a lack of oxygen in the affected area, which contributes to the development of pathogenic microflora and further complications. Due to the effect of ozone, the volume of oxygen in the plasma increases, metabolic processes, and tissue repair are improved. Ozone therapy has excellent antibacterial, antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties, and also improves local immunity.
Indications for use of ozone therapy for teeth
- in the case of fungal and infectious lesions of the tissues of the oral cavity, including stomatitis and ulcers of viral origin (for example, herpes);
- in the period of treatment of periodontal diseases (tissues surrounding the tooth);
- to reduce the hypersensitivity of the teeth;
- in the process of treatment of initial caries (at the stage of the spot);
- when teething wisdom tooth;
- in the treatment of root canals, pulpitis, and other acute conditions.
Advantages of ozone therapy for teeth
HealOzone device was first presented at the exhibition IDS in 2003. This device allowed us to perform an innovative method of the fissure and cervical caries treatment that is especially important in pediatric dentistry as it allows to avoid the use of a dental drill in young age. Ozone therapy for teeth nowadays is effective in endodontic treatment as it allows to perform full disinfection of the root canal after its medication significantly reducing treatment time and risks of complications.
Ozone therapy for teeth in Avanto clinics
In Avanto clinics, ozone therapy for teeth is performed using HealOzone device. Gaseous ozone is supplied under moderate pressure in the form of a jet directed at the affected area. Thus, the carious cavity or inflamed gums become sterile, because up to 99.9% of the bacteria are destroyed. This procedure takes no more than 20 seconds per tooth. Ozone supply is sealed and safe, and the procedure itself is painless and performed in a comfortable environment for the patient.