If it is necessary to perform the extraction of wisdom teeth, first of all, a thorough diagnosis is carried out using 3D computer tomography. This type of examination is necessary if the wisdom tooth is not positioned correctly in the jaw. Also a history of the presence of allergic reactions and other related diseases, which may complicate the procedure of wisdom tooth removal, is needed.
A simple wisdom tooth extraction is carried out after a thorough diagnosis has been performed and all data on the patient’s health status have been taken into account. Anesthesia is the next important step in this procedure. If anesthesia is performed in the upper jaw area, then the anesthetic effect occurs within 4 minutes; for the lower jaw it occurs after 8-10 minutes. To extract the wisdom tooth from the hole, special tongs or elevators can be used. With a simple extraction of a wisdom tooth, an incision is not necessary, as well as other complex manipulations. Thus, the process itself takes from 1 to 10 minutes. If there is concomitant inflammation, the doctor will perform the necessary procedures to prevent infection (treatment with antiseptic solutions, the use of anti-inflammatory medicines). After simple removal of a wisdom tooth, the wound is sutured so that the edges are as close as possible, and also it promotes rapid healing and reduces the risk of bleeding.
There are cases where wisdom tooth extraction is difficult. For example, if the wisdom tooth has not yet completely cut through, or it has branched strong roots, and a significantly deformed crown (when it is not possible to use tongs). In a situation of complex removal, one of the main factors is thorough diagnosis: 3D computed tomography is performed to establish the exact position of the tooth. Also, a complete medical history is being drawn up; if necessary, allergy tests are performed for safe and effective anesthesia. Then the removal takes place. Depending on the clinical situation, this process lasts from 20 minutes to an hour. We note that due to the use of effective and safe pain relief, the patient does not experience pain. Even in a situation of a highly deformed wisdom tooth, the doctor performs removal as painlessly and effectively as possible, so that no further complications occur.
Depending on the complexity of the operation and the patient’s health features, the period after the removal of wisdom teeth is different in each individual case. Immediately after surgery, the effect of anesthetic lasts up to 2-3 hours, then pain may appear, which is the norm after any surgery. As a rule, discomfort lasts from several hours to a couple of days. In this case, your doctor selects effective painkillers. If the operation of wisdom tooth extraction was difficult, then the pain may be more intense, and lasts until the wound is completely healed. In such situations, the dentist will give you the necessary advice on special oral care and wound care, as well as individually select painkillers. In some cases, after the extraction of wisdom teeth, it may be necessary to take antibiotics (depending on the clinical situation).
Specialists of Avanto clinics recommend that you immediately contact your dentist in case of any pain or inflammation in the area of wisdom teeth (increasing pain, pulsation, fever, etc.). Modern dentistry allows you to carry out any type of wisdom teeth treatment and their removal in the most comfortable conditions, painlessly and without the risk of complications. There is no need to ignore problems with wisdom teeth due to fear, stress and other emotional factors, because the diseases of these teeth in neglected condition entail serious dental surgery that can be avoided with careful attention to your health.
Avanto (Center) Dental Clinic
1. By Metro – Palace Ukraine, walk to the side of Predslavynska St., left turn into Novopecherskyi Lane. The clinic is placed in Prestige Hall residential complex, the entrance is from the side of Vasyl Tyutyunnik St.
2. By car – you can get to the central entrance to the clinic from Ionna Pavla II St. (the former – Patrisa Lumumby St.), turn into Vasyl Tyutyunnik St.
Avanto (Podil) Dental Clinic
1. By Metro – Kontraktova Ploshcha, walk on the street Kostiantynivska towards “Zhovten” cinema. The entrance to “cinematographic” arche.
2. By car – you can get to the central entrance of the clinic from Kostiantynivska St. through “cinematographic” arche. It is also possible to park a car in the parking lot near the square on the street Yaroslavska.
Avanto (Pechersk) Dental Clinic
1. By Metro – Pecherska, walk on the street Lasya Ukrainka to the side of The Ivan Bohun Military High School. The building where the clinic is placed is located behind the CEC building and has a wave-shaped roof.
2. By car – the first arrival to the central entrance of the clinic is possible from Lesya Ukrainka St. behind The Ivan Bohun Military High School. Also it is possible to get there from the side of Staronavodnytska St., the turn is near the pointer of TSARSKY sport club. The building where the clinic is placed has a wave-shaped roof.