Resection of the apex of the root is carried out in order to preserve the teeth. This procedure is carried out in cases where an inflammation focus (cyst) forms at the top of the tooth root, and the tooth was previously treated using the phosphate-cement or resorcinol-formalin method. In such situations, it is very difficult for the doctor to get to the inflammation focus after passing through the previously sealed canals, and the only way out is to cut off the affected area of the root. Often this operation is carried out on the front teeth of the upper jaw so that the doctor has the necessary access to the root canal and can carry out a high-quality filling of the tooth root.
First, the doctor makes an incision on the gum. Through this incision, a small section of the root is then cut, which has a focus of inflammation (for example, a cyst or granuloma). The doctor then gains access to the alveolar canal, which must be sealed to avoid re-infection. Special preparations are introduced into the wound that speed up the regeneration processes so that the bone tissue recovers faster in the area of the removed cyst. The incision on the gum is sutured. If necessary, after the gum has fully healed, the tooth can be covered with a tooth crown.
After the procedure of resection of the apex of the root of the tooth for 3 months, the patient should not allow significant loads on this tooth when eating. Also during the year, every 3 months, an X-ray should be taken to observe the dynamics of recovery and to detect the likelihood of re-inflammation in time.
Perhaps the only drawback of this procedure is that the anatomical integrity of the apex of the tooth is disrupted, as a result of which the function of the tooth is reduced. But in order to make the treatment effective, you need to strictly adhere to the recommendations of the doctor and carry out preventive diagnostics in time. Competently made restoration plan will allow you to maintain a healthy tooth for a long time, and not to feel the daily discomfort. The use of modern methods of local anesthesia provides the most comfortable conditions for the patient during this procedure.
Experts of Avanto clinics recommend you to visit the dentist on time for regular check-ups in order to timely detect dental diseases and not to allow them to shift to advanced stages.
1. Метро - Дворец Украина, пешком в сторону ул. Предславинской, левый поворот в Новопечерский переулок. Клиника расположена в комплексе Престиж Холл, вход- со стороны ул. Анри Барбюса.
2. Автомобиль - заезд к входу клиники осуществляется с ул. Ионна Павла II (бывшая Патриса Лумумбы), поворот на ул. Анри Барбюса.
1. By Metro – Kontraktova Ploshcha, walk on the street Kostiantynivska towards “Zhovten” cinema. The entrance to “cinematographic” arche.
2. By car – you can get to the central entrance of the clinic from Kostiantynivska St. through “cinematographic” arche. It is also possible to park a car in the parking lot near the square on the street Yaroslavska.
1. By Metro – Pecherska, walk on the street Lasya Ukrainka to the side of The Ivan Bohun Military High School. The building where the clinic is placed is located behind the CEC building and has a wave-shaped roof.
2. By car – the first arrival to the central entrance of the clinic is possible from Lesya Ukrainka St. behind The Ivan Bohun Military High School. Also it is possible to get there from the side of Staronavodnytska St., the turn is near the pointer of TSARSKY sport club. The building where the clinic is placed has a wave-shaped roof.