Periimplantitis is a disease of the bone tissue that surrounds the implant. Further loss of bone tissue around the neck of the implant is observed, and there is a risk of dental implant failure.
One of the main reasons for the development of periimplant pathology is poor oral hygiene. After the treatment (implant installation and prosthetics) is completed, patients often ignore the recommendations of the doctor to undergo regular check-ups and professional hygiene at least twice a year. Dense plaque (or deposits) can accumulate in the subgingival area of crowns that are installed on the implant. As a result of the advanced process, an infection develops and inflammatory processes begin. The design of the implants is made in such a way that dental plaque and calculus can form even faster than around the “living” teeth. If the patient does not pay due attention to this, the infection penetrates deeper, infecting the tissue surrounding the implant, as a result of which it may lose support. This leads to dental implant failure.
Another reason for periimplantitis is the use of low-quality implant systems: low-quality titanium and improper implant design in such systems. It is very important to make sure that the clinic uses a certified product with clinically proven results.
The development of periimplantitis may occur due to:
Treatment of periimplant pathology is usually carried out in two stages and involves the elimination of gingival inflammation and surgical treatment of the inflammation focus. At the first stage of treatment, the following procedures can be performed:
Periimplant pathology can lead to dental implant failure and, as a consequence, to a long and costly restorative treatment. Therefore, the patient should carefully choose the clinic where such operations are performed, as well as responsibly comply with all recommendations of the doctor for the implant care.
Experts of Avanto clinics are trying to prevent the development of periimplantitis due to:
Such patients are always under observation and must have preventive examinations and professional hygiene procedures carried out at least twice a year.
1. By Metro – Palace Ukraine, walk to the side of Predslavynska St., left turn into Novopecherskyi Lane. The clinic is placed in Prestige Hall residential complex, the entrance is from the side of Anri Barbus St.
2. By car – you can get to the central entrance to the clinic from Ionna Pavla II St. (the former – Patrisa Lumumby St.), turn into Anri Barbus St.
1. By Metro – Kontraktova Ploshcha, walk on the street Kostiantynivska towards “Zhovten” cinema. The entrance to “cinematographic” arche.
2. By car – you can get to the central entrance of the clinic from Kostiantynivska St. through “cinematographic” arche. It is also possible to park a car in the parking lot near the square on the street Yaroslavska.
1. By Metro – Pecherska, walk on the street Lasya Ukrainka to the side of The Ivan Bohun Military High School. The building where the clinic is placed is located behind the CEC building and has a wave-shaped roof.
2. By car – the first arrival to the central entrance of the clinic is possible from Lesya Ukrainka St. behind The Ivan Bohun Military High School. Also it is possible to get there from the side of Staronavodnytska St., the turn is near the pointer of TSARSKY sport club. The building where the clinic is placed has a wave-shaped roof.