Dental implantation is a type of dental treatment aimed at restoration of the lost teeth. Advanced surgical dentistry allows returning to a full life after the loss of teeth. One of the most effective methods applied in this direction is dental implantation. You will be able to smile again without any constraint and discomfort, which the usage of prostheses may cause. This procedure is performed under conditions of effective anesthesia or medication sleep, with careful monitoring by specialists at each stage of treatment.
Advantages of dental implants
- installation of one implant takes 20-30 minutes;
- world statistics and experience of our surgeons show that implants survive in 99.3% of cases in case of full compliance with the recommendations of the doctor;
- implantation of teeth is costlier than traditional prosthetics, but this method is much safer and more preferable because healthy teeth and gum mucosa are not injured as when wearing prostheses; removable and fixed prostheses term of service is 5-10 years, while implantation is made once and for a lifetime.
Dental implantation procedure
- First, a comprehensive diagnostic is performed: computed tomography of the jaws, all necessary analyzes, and examinations;
- at the stage of preparation and planning of implantation the oral cavity is rehabilitated (elimination of foci of caries and inflammation, treatment of problematic teeth);
- planning of implantation is carried out by several specialists: a surgeon, an orthopedist, and a dental technician carefully study the diagnostic data, plan the treatment and prognosticate the final result;
- the operation itself takes place in a comfortable environment for the patient and is painless due to effective anesthesia;
- the period of implant survival on the lower jaw is 2-4 months, at the top – up to 6 months (these figures are individual since they depend on the structure of the bone tissue);
- after the implant is engrafted, the gum former (special cap) is installed, which forms the gum so that it fits nicely the crown of the future tooth. After 2 weeks, the orthopedist establishes a special rack (abutment) on which the crown is fixed.
For the period of implant survival, a temporary construction that provides chewing and speech functions and a smile are installed.
Dental implants in Avanto clinics
In Avanto clinics high-quality implants of leading world manufacturers are used:
- Straumann (Switzerland);
- Biohorizons (USA);
- Sky (Germany);
- “Dio” (South Korea)
These implants comply with international quality certificates and are officially registered with the Ministry of Health of Ukraine.