An alveolar socket is a place in the area of the extracted tooth. Alveolitis of the socket is an inflammatory focus that may occur after a tooth extraction procedure. This process is dangerous because it does not only damage the alveolar socket itself but can also affect the gum tissue surrounding it.
After the removal of the teeth, the process of proper healing of the hole may be violated. There is a violation of the integrity of the blood clot (or it may be completely absent), which provokes the development of alveolitis of the socket. It is this blood clot that protects the tooth from the formation of infectious processes and integrity. The absence of a blood clot slows down significantly (or stops altogether) the healing process. Note that the symptoms of the development of alveolitis may appear on the 2nd or 3rd day after the extraction of the tooth.
In the event of the above symptoms after tooth extraction, you should contact your doctor in time. Treatment of alveolitis of the socket is, of course, carried out with anesthesia. Then the doctor conducts a thorough cleansing of the socket of the extracted tooth from the remnants of a blood clot. The procedure of curettage of the alveolar socket is performed: cleansing from various granulations, foreign bodies and other foci of infection. Also, it is necessary to treat the alveolar socket with the help of special antiseptic preparations, and the use of necessary medication if needed. After the treatment procedure of the alveolar socket, the doctor selects the most effective painkillers for you and may prescribe a sparing diet and individual antiseptic baths for the alveolar socket. In some cases, supportive physiotherapy may be required. It is very important to follow the recommendations of the doctor to avoid further complications.
If the treatment was performed on time, the alveolitis of the alveolar socket is stopped within a few days after the curettage procedure. During this period, slight pain may be observed. It should be noted that in individual clinical cases, gradually decaying pain in the alveolar socket may last for 2-3 weeks.
Experts of Avanto clinics advise you to follow the recommendations of your doctor after the procedure of tooth extraction, and in case of any pain or negative symptoms, consult your dentist in time. Inflammatory processes in the area of tooth extraction should not be neglected, because they can lead to serious consequences. Our surgeons and hygienists are attentive to each patient, and the possibilities of modern dentistry allow us to keep your beautiful smile.
1. By Metro – Palace Ukraine, walk to the side of Predslavynska St., left turn into Novopecherskyi Lane. The clinic is placed in Prestige Hall residential complex, the entrance is from the side of Anri Barbus St.
2. By car – you can get to the central entrance to the clinic from Ionna Pavla II St. (the former – Patrisa Lumumby St.), turn into Anri Barbus St.
1. By Metro – Kontraktova Ploshcha, walk on the street Kostiantynivska towards “Zhovten” cinema. The entrance to “cinematographic” arche.
2. By car – you can get to the central entrance of the clinic from Kostiantynivska St. through “cinematographic” arche. It is also possible to park a car in the parking lot near the square on the street Yaroslavska.
1. By Metro – Pecherska, walk on the street Lasya Ukrainka to the side of The Ivan Bohun Military High School. The building where the clinic is placed is located behind the CEC building and has a wave-shaped roof.
2. By car – the first arrival to the central entrance of the clinic is possible from Lesya Ukrainka St. behind The Ivan Bohun Military High School. Also it is possible to get there from the side of Staronavodnytska St., the turn is near the pointer of TSARSKY sport club. The building where the clinic is placed has a wave-shaped roof.