Before the procedure of osteoplasty, it is necessary to conduct a full diagnostics using high-precision equipment. First of all, it is an X-ray examination of the necessary area of bone tissue: computer tomography and orthopantomogram should be performed. Then the impressions for diagnostics are made. Together with the patient, the doctor discusses the place where bone tissue correction is required. To do this, a specially made model of the patient’s jaw is used.
In the case of the presence of concomitant diseases, the patient is sent for an additional examination: it may be necessary to pass tests, conduct research on the tendency to develop osteoporosis, perform the necessary allergy tests, etc.
Today there are several types of bone implants.
Autograft: in this case, the donor of bone material is the bone block of the patient. It is known that on the inner surface of the lower jaw there is a so-called “donor zone”, in which there are very active bone formation processes. If a part of the bone block is removed from this place, then it will take about six months for its natural recovery. If such a procedure is not possible, the bone tissue is removed from the patient’s thigh. It is believed that autograft is the best type of transplant since after its installment, the process of tissue repair is very fast.
A synthetic graft is an artificial substance that is manufactured under laboratory conditions. It consists of calcium and phosphorus. Depending on how this type of graft is made, there are two types: “absorbable” and “non-absorbable”. That is, the human body can replace synthetic material with its bone, either completely or partially.
After the procedure of osteoplasty, the patient, as a rule, does not experience severe pain, but there may be a slight swelling of the soft tissues. It occurs almost immediately after the operation and increases over the course of two days. Only on the 4-5th day, the swelling gradually begins to decrease. Also on the basis of this process, a local hematoma may form.
Osteoplasty is a serious and difficult operation, you need to prepare for it in advance so that within 3-4 days the patient can rest and recover. During this period, significant loads, various thermal procedures and flights are strictly prohibited. If you strictly adhere to all the recommendations of the attending physician, then after only six months after the operation, it will be possible to install implants. If necessary, in the first days after surgery, it is possible to install temporary implants or prostheses, which will be then replaced with permanent ones.
Osteoplasty allows people who want to install dental implants, not to stop on the way to restore the aesthetics of their smile and sense of comfort, both physiological and emotional. Specialists of Avanto clinics have sufficient experience and high qualification to carry out the procedure of bone tissue growth before dental implantation.
Avanto (Center) Dental Clinic
1. By Metro – Palace Ukraine, walk to the side of Predslavynska St., left turn into Novopecherskyi Lane. The clinic is placed in Prestige Hall residential complex, the entrance is from the side of Vasyl Tyutyunnik St.
2. By car – you can get to the central entrance to the clinic from Ionna Pavla II St. (the former – Patrisa Lumumby St.), turn into Vasyl Tyutyunnik St.
Avanto (Podil) Dental Clinic
1. By Metro – Kontraktova Ploshcha, walk on the street Kostiantynivska towards “Zhovten” cinema. The entrance to “cinematographic” arche.
2. By car – you can get to the central entrance of the clinic from Kostiantynivska St. through “cinematographic” arche. It is also possible to park a car in the parking lot near the square on the street Yaroslavska.
Avanto (Pechersk) Dental Clinic
1. By Metro – Pecherska, walk on the street Lasya Ukrainka to the side of The Ivan Bohun Military High School. The building where the clinic is placed is located behind the CEC building and has a wave-shaped roof.
2. By car – the first arrival to the central entrance of the clinic is possible from Lesya Ukrainka St. behind The Ivan Bohun Military High School. Also it is possible to get there from the side of Staronavodnytska St., the turn is near the pointer of TSARSKY sport club. The building where the clinic is placed has a wave-shaped roof.