Sports mouthguards are special devices used for teeth protection during physical exercises or active rest. These mouthguards completely repeat the shape and position of your teeth and are put on over them. It`s known that the use of the mouthguard decreases a risk of tooth injury, fracture of the jaw and concussion in dangerous situations 3 times.
Individual sports mouthguards
Individual sports mouthguards shall comply with the following requirements:
- It shall softly and tightly fit the teeth and gums so that upon punch, the load on the chewing parts of the jaw was distributed evenly;
- Mouthguards should not interfere with the respiratory process, even with full closure of the teeth;
- The material from which mouthguards are made should be durable and flexible, hypoallergenic and do not irritate the mucosa.
Sports mouthguards care
- Before and after the use of the mouthguard it shall be cleansed in cool water, you can clean it with a toothbrush and paste;
- They are kept in a special plastic container with holes for air access (we provide our patients in Avanto clinics with such container along with mouth guards);
- You should avoid heat exposure to the mouthguards (direct sunlight or hot water);
- You cannot keep a mouthguard bent or without a container;
- Before the use thoroughly inspect mouthguards for wear, if there are fractures and other deformations or in case of incomplete adjacency of the mouthguard to the teeth and gums – you need to replace the mouthguard.
Sports mouthguards in Avanto clinics
You can order individual sports mouthguards which complies with all the above-mentioned requirements in Avanto clinics. We produce them on the basis of the patient`s cast model from the teeth to provide solid adjacency and comfort while using. In such a way they ideally fit their owner and are the most comfortable and guarantees protection when needed. At will, mouthguards can be monophonic or multi-layered – made from a material of different colors.