Vector therapy is one of the most effective methods of treatment and prevention of periodontitis. The name of this procedure is derived from the usage of an innovative device Vector (Dürr Dental, Germany), that allows performing the gentlest biofilm, bacteria and plaque removal in supragingival and subgingival areas. Pathogenic microflora in these areas is one of the main causes of inflammation of the tissues surrounding the tooth (periodontal).
Indications for use of vector-therapy
- It is recommended for patients with inflammatory periodontal disease at any stage;
- With symptoms of gum bleeding, tooth loosening and discomfort in the mouth cavity;
- For the effective supporting treatment and preventive measures of the implant and dental prosthesis failure.
The benefits of vector-therapy
- the usage of the Vector apparatus allows to eliminate the causes of periodontal disease early on and prevent their development;
- Vector therapy is the gentlest periodontal therapy (soft tissues and tooth enamel are not injured);
- the procedure is painless and is performed in comfort conditions for the patient;
- effective result: after 1-2 sessions the inflammatory processes can be removed.
Vector-therapy in Avanto clinics
In Avanto clinics Vector therapy has already been successfully carried out for more than 15 years. The effectiveness of this method is caused by the complex effects: ultrasound destroys bacteria and the smallest particles in the aerosol clean and polishes the tooth surface under high pressure in the periodontal recess. Experienced periodontists and hygienists recommend this procedure in a complex with professional teeth cleaning. Just right after a session of Vector therapy, the patients note health feeling and purity of the mouth cavity.