Surgical periodontology is a complex of dental techniques that are used for the treatment of teeth and gums surrounding the tooth. The diseases of gums and tissues that surround the tooth are sometimes accompanied by complications. In the initial stages conservative methods give positive result but with moderate or severe periodontitis or inflammation process, a dentist-surgeon intervention may require.
Surgical periodontology – it’s not scary
The word “surgical” already causes unpleasant associations but in the dentistry, this way of treatment is completely painless and nothing to be afraid of. Experienced specialists perform intricate surgeries in the most comfortable conditions for the patient – without pain and stress. Within a short period of time, highly qualified doctors will help you to eliminate you all problems, make teeth and gums healthy for years.
Indications for carrying out surgeries in periodontics
- In case of deep and wide gingival pockets that cannot be treated impossible to cure by conservative methods;
- Treatment of extensive pathological process in dental tissues;
- Restoring of tissues and gum shape during the preparation to dental prosthetics due to advanced disease, atrophic processes, etc.
- Normalization of the natural width of the teeth and gums joint (gum growth);
- Restoration of bone structures;
- Correction of aesthetic defects of a smile.
Features of the surgical periodontology
Surgical periodontology suggests a wide range of different treatment procedures that are necessary in different cases. For example, the dental surgeon may use plastic surgery methods: frenuloplasty or alveolar bone plastics; gum plastics or crown lengthening procedure. We perform flap surgery, cleaning or resection of root pockets of necessity and other treatment oriented to tissue regeneration. All surgical interventions in Avanto clinics are performed in sterile conditions with the use of effective anesthesia and control treatment at each stage.