Photodynamic therapy is one of the effective methods of modern dentistry, which is successfully used in the treatment of periodontitis and gum disease. One of the main causes of gum disease is the influence of bacteria. It`s recommended to visit a dentist once every six months to perform professional teeth cleaning and other useful procedures to prevent the development of inflammatory processes. Photodynamic therapy has an effective antimicrobial effect and is used in complex periodontal treatment.
In Avanto clinics for photodynamic therapy we use a laser and products Perio Green or Emundo (photosensitizers) that are introduced into the parodontal recess and accumulating in foci of inflammation paint them in a bright color. These medicines act locally, and the cumulative effect persists throughout the entire period of treatment. Under the influence of laser radiation, these substances are activated, followed by the formation of oxygen and free radicals, which destroy bacteria. Bright dye after the procedure is easily washed off the teeth. Photodynamic therapy takes 40-60 minutes and is held in 2 sessions with a break of 7 days. Then the procedure can be carried out once every 3-6 months on the recommendation of a doctor.
In Avanto clinics, the photodynamic therapy is painless and is carried out in comfortable conditions for the patient. The drugs used are hypoallergenic and have no side effects.
The photodynamic therapy is allowed to children from 7 years of age, especially with hypertrophic gingivitis or during the period of wearing bars and brackets.
The use of this technique in the complex treatment of gum diseases allows you to avoid taking antibiotics, to ensure sterility in the inflammation and to carry out an effective restoration of healthy oral tissues.
Avanto clinics operate under the license issued by Ministry of Health of Ukraine. We use only certified equipment and high quality materials by the world leading manufacturers. Medical staff has all relevant documents and the narrow field of specialization. Over 29 years of successful work, more than 30,000 patients have entrusted us with their health.
Avanto (Center) Dental Clinic
1. By Metro – Palace Ukraine, walk to the side of Predslavynska St., left turn into Novopecherskyi Lane. The clinic is placed in Prestige Hall residential complex, the entrance is from the side of Vasyl Tyutyunnik St.
2. By car – you can get to the central entrance to the clinic from Ionna Pavla II St. (the former – Patrisa Lumumby St.), turn into Vasyl Tyutyunnik St.
Avanto (Podil) Dental Clinic
1. By Metro – Kontraktova Ploshcha, walk on the street Kostiantynivska towards “Zhovten” cinema. The entrance to “cinematographic” arche.
2. By car – you can get to the central entrance of the clinic from Kostiantynivska St. through “cinematographic” arche. It is also possible to park a car in the parking lot near the square on the street Yaroslavska.
Avanto (Pechersk) Dental Clinic
1. By Metro – Pecherska, walk on the street Lasya Ukrainka to the side of The Ivan Bohun Military High School. The building where the clinic is placed is located behind the CEC building and has a wave-shaped roof.
2. By car – the first arrival to the central entrance of the clinic is possible from Lesya Ukrainka St. behind The Ivan Bohun Military High School. Also it is possible to get there from the side of Staronavodnytska St., the turn is near the pointer of TSARSKY sport club. The building where the clinic is placed has a wave-shaped roof.