The main feature of oral irrigators is an additional thorough cleaning in hard-to-reach places, which reduces the formation of plaque (and solid deposits), and prevents the occurrence of gingivitis and other gum diseases caused by the influence of pathogenic microflora (bacteria). It is known that more than 20 types of various microorganisms can “live” in the oral cavity, and it is dental plaque that is the most favorable environment for their aggressive influence on the health of teeth and gums. In case of unsatisfactory oral hygiene, soft tissue inflammation occurs, and “advanced” processes provoke the occurrence of serious dental diseases.
Thorough cleaning of the teeth with a toothbrush, special toothpastes, and oral rinses is necessary for daily hygiene. But at the same time, there are still hard-to-reach areas that require professional cleaning by a dentist. Oral irrigators are one of the most effective devices that you can additionally use at home for maintaining healthy teeth and gums. The principle of operation of this device is based on the supply of a powerful jet of water with a pulsation, which allows cleaning the subgingival space (folds between the gum and the base of the tooth), the tongue and the mucous membrane. There are irrigators with a special “shower” mode, which also allows massaging the gums mucous membrane (this improves the blood circulation of the microvasculature). There are stationary irrigators, as well as portable ones (with battery charge), which you can use while traveling.
Note that the use of irrigators should only be on the recommendation of your doctor. After all, this device is necessary for some patients (for example, when wearing braces in the absence of contraindications), and is contraindicated for others (for example, patients with heart disease, artificial cardiac valves, etc.). Before using this device at home, consult with your dentist and other specialists in case you have the disease of the cardiovascular system.
To prevent gum disease, it is enough to use oral irrigators up to 2-3 times a week (at the same time, the effect will be noticeable already during the first week). In some cases, the dentist may recommend daily use of this device for a certain period of time (for example, if you need to carefully maintain periodontal tissues in a healthy state). At the same time, if you decide to use the irrigator daily (without the recommendation of a doctor), this can lead to mechanical injury of the gums.
It is possible to use a dental irrigator only with disinfected water since any infection can easily penetrate into the micro wounds that exist in the oral cavity. This leads to serious dental problems and diseases. What is the easiest way to purify water? Disinfect it by boiling. It is necessary to boil water in advance, and then leave to stand at room temperature. It is not difficult, but the risk of infection of tissues in the oral cavity will be minimized. Let us recall that it is the room temperature water that needs to be poured into the irrigator since hot water will damage the plastic parts that may be in the device.
As a rule, the irrigator is used not only with water. In order to clean the oral cavity from pathogenic flora, special solutions are also used:
The use of irrigators is clinically proven. This can be confirmed by any dentist. Specialists of the Avanto clinics also recommend you not to forget to visit the dentist regularly (once every six months), and to undergo preventive dental procedures in time. After all, the specialist will be able to monitor the condition of the teeth and gums, timely detect diseases in the early stages, or, on the contrary, please you with good news about the excellent health of your teeth and gums.
Avanto (Center) Dental Clinic
1. By Metro – Palace Ukraine, walk to the side of Predslavynska St., left turn into Novopecherskyi Lane. The clinic is placed in Prestige Hall residential complex, the entrance is from the side of Vasyl Tyutyunnik St.
2. By car – you can get to the central entrance to the clinic from Ionna Pavla II St. (the former – Patrisa Lumumby St.), turn into Vasyl Tyutyunnik St.
Avanto (Podil) Dental Clinic
1. By Metro – Kontraktova Ploshcha, walk on the street Kostiantynivska towards “Zhovten” cinema. The entrance to “cinematographic” arche.
2. By car – you can get to the central entrance of the clinic from Kostiantynivska St. through “cinematographic” arche. It is also possible to park a car in the parking lot near the square on the street Yaroslavska.
Avanto (Pechersk) Dental Clinic
1. By Metro – Pecherska, walk on the street Lasya Ukrainka to the side of The Ivan Bohun Military High School. The building where the clinic is placed is located behind the CEC building and has a wave-shaped roof.
2. By car – the first arrival to the central entrance of the clinic is possible from Lesya Ukrainka St. behind The Ivan Bohun Military High School. Also it is possible to get there from the side of Staronavodnytska St., the turn is near the pointer of TSARSKY sport club. The building where the clinic is placed has a wave-shaped roof.