Gingivitis is an inflammatory process of the gums but without the destruction of the integrity of the periodontal connection. This disease, with an accurate diagnosis of its causes, requires correct treatment, but if the patient does not visit the doctor timely, and does not pay attention to the symptoms, gingivitis can progress to more destructive forms of the disease, such as periodontitis, which would entail more serious consequences.
In the early stages, the appearance of gingivitis is signaled by such signs as redness in the gum area, the swelling (in particular, the interdental papillae can become inflamed), bleeding during cleaning of the teeth, and pain. In case of acute gingivitis, visual cyanosis of the gums appears, and necrosis of the gums, or ulcerative areas in more advanced stages. Gingivitis can be local or generalized, and also be of a chronic form, or it can occur on the background of certain changes in your health and other factors.
If any of the above external signs, pain or itching in the gum area appear, please contact your dentist for a timely check-up. After all, modern dentistry allows for effective treatment, thereby preventing the development of serious diseases (for example, periodontitis).
As a rule, the main causes of gingivitis are bacteria. For example, non-compliance with the rules of oral hygiene and untimely removal of dental deposits are the most common factors that provoke the emergence of pathogenic flora, and as a result, inflammation of the gums. At the same time, gingivitis can be a symptom or a consequence of other diseases: hormonal disorders, weakening of immunity against the background of infectious diseases (eg, quinsy), problems with the gastrointestinal tract, vitamin deficiency, severe chronic diseases (tuberculosis, immunodeficiency syndrome, diabetes, etc.). Thus, there are internal and external causes of gingivitis.
Treatment of gingivitis is a complex process aimed at identifying and eliminating the main causes of the disease. In some cases, it is important not only the participation of a qualified dentist but also of other doctors (if the inflammation of the gums was due to other diseases). Dental treatment of gingivitis can be conservative and surgical.
Conservative treatment of gingivitis, as a rule, involves the following procedures:
Doctors of Avanto clinics recommend you to undergo timely preventive check-ups at the dentist’s and to consult your doctor timely in case of any discomfort or external signs of gum disease. After all, your attention to your health is a guarantee of a beautiful smile and healthy teeth. The treatment of gingivitis in our clinics is performed by highly qualified doctors led by periodontists. In each individual case, treatment can take place with the participation of dentists of related specialties – orthodontists, surgeons, therapists, hygienists, and others. We are always happy to assist you in solving any dental problems.
1. Метро - Дворец Украина, пешком в сторону ул. Предславинской, левый поворот в Новопечерский переулок. Клиника расположена в комплексе Престиж Холл, вход- со стороны ул. Анри Барбюса.
2. Автомобиль - заезд к входу клиники осуществляется с ул. Ионна Павла II (бывшая Патриса Лумумбы), поворот на ул. Анри Барбюса.
1. By Metro – Kontraktova Ploshcha, walk on the street Kostiantynivska towards “Zhovten” cinema. The entrance to “cinematographic” arche.
2. By car – you can get to the central entrance of the clinic from Kostiantynivska St. through “cinematographic” arche. It is also possible to park a car in the parking lot near the square on the street Yaroslavska.
1. By Metro – Pecherska, walk on the street Lasya Ukrainka to the side of The Ivan Bohun Military High School. The building where the clinic is placed is located behind the CEC building and has a wave-shaped roof.
2. By car – the first arrival to the central entrance of the clinic is possible from Lesya Ukrainka St. behind The Ivan Bohun Military High School. Also it is possible to get there from the side of Staronavodnytska St., the turn is near the pointer of TSARSKY sport club. The building where the clinic is placed has a wave-shaped roof.