The issue of dental treatment during pregnancy is very up to date, as it is accompanied by a number of conflicting opinions. Planning for pregnancy is a very scrupulous process when you need to undergo a complete diagnostics of the condition of the whole body and in case of advanced dental problems, therapy, and professional teeth cleaning, of course, should be carried out before pregnancy. But during this period such problems as gingivitis, stomatitis, teeth hyperesthesia, etc. may arise quite spontaneously. There is a wrong opinion that it is not recommended to treat the teeth at all during pregnancy. It is absolutely not recommended to neglect any dental diseases because one problem tooth can become a source of infection and lead to more serious complications that will affect the condition of the whole body and the health of the unborn baby. Modern dentistry allows for timely treatment, painless and safe for expectant mothers, in conditions of complete comfort.
It is known that in the first trimester of pregnancy, the woman and the embryo are most sensitive to various stressful situations. In the first weeks of pregnancy, many women experience an overreaction to various external factors or life situations (for example, this may manifest as an increase in blood pressure). Choosing the time when it is best for pregnant women to treat their teeth in the first trimester, you need to take into account the individual characteristics of the state of health. Therefore, the dentist, informed about the situation of his/her patient, should conduct a thorough diagnostics and determine how necessary dental treatment is at the moment: for example, if it is not a matter of urgent need for dental intervention, treatment can be postponed. If it is necessary to carry out any procedures, the doctor chooses the safest and comfortable conditions.
In the second trimester (4-6 months), the condition of the expectant mother is considered relatively stable. If to plan, when it is best for pregnant women to treat their teeth, then the time of the second trimester is the most optimal. During this period most dental procedures are permitted. Since, for example, during other periods of pregnancy, not all medications that a dentist can prescribe are safe in terms of their influence on an unborn baby. Anyway, deciding when it is best for pregnant women to treat their teeth in the second trimester, the dentist conducts a thorough diagnostics and determines the need for dental treatment in each case individually. Indeed, despite the generally accepted norms, the state of the future mother in a given period of pregnancy may differ significantly in different trimesters. The dentist analyzes the clinical situation carefully and selects the types of treatment that will be the safest for the health of the future mother and her baby, as well as aimed at leveling the danger of any emerging dental disease.
Experts of Avanto clinics have extensive experience in treating expectant mothers. We recommend that you contact a specialist in time in case of any dental problems, because nowadays it is possible to carry out the most optimal treatment, preventing the development of diseases and preserving the good state of your health. We will be happy to help you to sort this issue out during the consultation.
1. By Metro – Palace Ukraine, walk to the side of Predslavynska St., left turn into Novopecherskyi Lane. The clinic is placed in Prestige Hall residential complex, the entrance is from the side of Anri Barbus St.
2. By car – you can get to the central entrance to the clinic from Ionna Pavla II St. (the former – Patrisa Lumumby St.), turn into Anri Barbus St.
1. By Metro – Kontraktova Ploshcha, walk on the street Kostiantynivska towards “Zhovten” cinema. The entrance to “cinematographic” arche.
2. By car – you can get to the central entrance of the clinic from Kostiantynivska St. through “cinematographic” arche. It is also possible to park a car in the parking lot near the square on the street Yaroslavska.
1. By Metro – Pecherska, walk on the street Lasya Ukrainka to the side of The Ivan Bohun Military High School. The building where the clinic is placed is located behind the CEC building and has a wave-shaped roof.
2. By car – the first arrival to the central entrance of the clinic is possible from Lesya Ukrainka St. behind The Ivan Bohun Military High School. Also it is possible to get there from the side of Staronavodnytska St., the turn is near the pointer of TSARSKY sport club. The building where the clinic is placed has a wave-shaped roof.