During pregnancy, hormonal alteration of the whole organism occurs, which, in turn, affects the state of the immune system. The weakening of the immune system leads to the appearance of more microorganisms in the oral cavity, which contribute to the development of various dental diseases. For example, due to the fact that immunity is weakened, caries progresses two times faster than in the normal state of the body. If you ignore the treatment of dental caries, then pulpitis (inflammation of the dental nerve) and periodontitis develop. These diseases need to be diagnosed and treated in time because the infection can enter the baby’s body through lesions in the inflamed gums and teeth. How does this affect the child? An infant will be weakened, in addition, it may develop a tendency to allergies. What dental problems can expectant mother face?
Caries is one of the most common and serious problems during pregnancy. The body of the future mother suffers from calcium deficiency, and against the background of low immunity, pathogenic germs are activated. During pregnancy, the composition of saliva also changes. All of these factors provoke dramatic carious damage to the teeth. Note that pregnant women’s caries leads to the development of the child’s caries when the first teeth cut through.
Dental plaque and food particles that remain on the teeth contain different bacteria which provoke the inflammation of the gums. The desire to “scratch the gums” may be a signal of this problem. In particular, the worsening of gingivitis symptoms is apparent towards the end of the entire period of pregnancy. In order to level the inflamed gum condition and prevent complications of the disease, it is necessary to undergo regular dental diagnostics and follow the rules of individual oral hygiene. You also need to undergo the procedure of professional tooth cleaning once a month and take anti-inflammatory therapy measures. Advanced pregnant women’s gingivitis may lead to tooth loss, which is more common than tooth loss due to caries.
Periodontitis is another dangerous disease for the expectant mother. Its peculiarity lies in the fact that a violation of the periodontal attachment occurs, and gingival pockets are formed. During pregnancy, blood circulation and immunity (as a natural protective barrier of the body) may deteriorate, if oral hygiene is violated, or there is an occlusion pathology and other chronic diseases. In this case, the risk of periodontitis exacerbation increases significantly. Another factor that provokes pregnant women periodontitis is a vitamin C deficiency and increased angiasthenia. Scientific researches confirm the fact that periodontitis contributes to a much greater risk of complications during pregnancy than alcohol consuming and smoking (although these factors are also not “favorable”). Another danger of inflammatory processes in the oral cavity is the likelihood of premature birth (the risk increases by 15%).
Another common symptom during pregnancy is a gingival bleeding. One of its main reasons is the lack of calcium in the organism of the future mother. This is especially aggravated in the second half of the period of pregnancy since at this time the teeth and the skeleton of the child are formed. It is during this period that the processes of the mineralization of crowns of the primary teeth begin, the hard tissues of the teeth and their enamel are formed. And at the end of pregnancy, the crowns of the first permanent molars are also mineralized. It is the mineralization process that is very important for the formation of the child’s teeth. Acute pregnant women gingival bleeding is reduced by taking different vitamins, which are selected according to the individual characteristics of the patient’s organism and the state of health. The appointment of a dentist is a priority when choosing micronutrients and vitamins to be taken.
Expectant mothers need to carefully monitor the state of their organisms, and also to diagnose and treat various disorders that may occur during pregnancy in time. Qualified dentists of Avanto clinics will help you to prevent complications of any dental diseases and conduct the necessary treatment in the most comfortable and safe conditions.
1. Метро - Дворец Украина, пешком в сторону ул. Предславинской, левый поворот в Новопечерский переулок. Клиника расположена в комплексе Престиж Холл, вход- со стороны ул. Анри Барбюса.
2. Автомобиль - заезд к входу клиники осуществляется с ул. Ионна Павла II (бывшая Патриса Лумумбы), поворот на ул. Анри Барбюса.
1. By Metro – Kontraktova Ploshcha, walk on the street Kostiantynivska towards “Zhovten” cinema. The entrance to “cinematographic” arche.
2. By car – you can get to the central entrance of the clinic from Kostiantynivska St. through “cinematographic” arche. It is also possible to park a car in the parking lot near the square on the street Yaroslavska.
1. By Metro – Pecherska, walk on the street Lasya Ukrainka to the side of The Ivan Bohun Military High School. The building where the clinic is placed is located behind the CEC building and has a wave-shaped roof.
2. By car – the first arrival to the central entrance of the clinic is possible from Lesya Ukrainka St. behind The Ivan Bohun Military High School. Also it is possible to get there from the side of Staronavodnytska St., the turn is near the pointer of TSARSKY sport club. The building where the clinic is placed has a wave-shaped roof.