Future mothers should pay a lot of attention to their health. We often face such a misconception that pregnant women “should not treat their teeth,” and especially with the pain relief. Unfortunately, such an opinion can be heard from some low-skilled gynecologists, and even from the dentists. But there are a number of reasons why future mothers should be attentive to the condition of the teeth and the oral cavity, and, if necessary, carry out timely dental treatment. For example, a problem tooth can be a source of infection for the entire body, which may lead to irreversible effects or complications that are much easier to prevent in a timely manner.
How is a dental treatment for pregnant women carried out? Only with the use of anesthesia. Painful sensations, and especially an attempt to “endure the pain”, leads to severe stress for the organism of any person. This stress is accompanied by the release of excessive adrenaline, which, in turn, is a hormone that provokes an increase in the tone of the uterus. In the early stages of pregnancy, the “shock portion” of adrenaline can lead to various complications, even the loss of a child. Therefore, dental treatment for pregnant women takes place only with the use of anesthesia and in the most comfortable conditions for the patient.
Anesthesia in the dental treatment of pregnant women is carried out by two methods: traditional (with an injection) or with computer anesthesia. The choice of an anesthesia method is usually based on the patient’s wishes. For example, if the mere fact of performing an injection does not cause any negative emotions and emotional discomfort, or fear, then, in that case, an injection is not contraindicated. But we note that there are different clinical situations in which it is advisable to carry out local anesthesia using a modern computer-controlled system.
The use of the STA (Single Tooth Anesthesia System) system makes it possible to carry out local anesthesia painlessly. The STA device itself resembles a traditional syringe very remotely. It looks rather like a “ballpoint pen”, so there is also no usual psychological discomfort that may arise during the performance of a traditional “injection”. Note that the pressure and speed of anesthetic injection are controlled by a computer in each individual case. Thus, local anesthesia is performed taking into account the peculiarities of tissue density and other indicators individually for each patient. Due to this, the advancement of the needle or the path of the anesthetic does not cause painful sensations or burning. Also, the use of computer anesthesia STA in dentistry for pregnant women passes without numbness of the lips, tongue and facial muscles, which, in turn, eliminates the additional discomfort both during the treatment and after its completion.
In modern dentistry, the treatment of pregnant women is carried out using anesthetics, which are safe for health, but at the same time effective from the point of view of the anesthetic effect. For carrying out local anesthesia in dentistry for pregnant women, medicines without a vasoconstrictor (a substance that causes vasoconstriction and reduction of blood flow in them) are used. The applied local anesthetics comply with all international standards, and also are selected taking into account the individual characteristics and state of health of the patient.
Specialists of Avanto clinics recommend future mothers to undergo a thorough dental diagnosis and all procedures before pregnancy. But if necessary, do not ignore the visit to the dentist during this period, because any neglected dental problem may carry the risk of serious consequences for the health of the whole body. Our experts will individually select for you the most effective and safe means of pain relief, as well as provide treatment in the most comfortable conditions.
1. By Metro – Palace Ukraine, walk to the side of Predslavynska St., left turn into Novopecherskyi Lane. The clinic is placed in Prestige Hall residential complex, the entrance is from the side of Anri Barbus St.
2. By car – you can get to the central entrance to the clinic from Ionna Pavla II St. (the former – Patrisa Lumumby St.), turn into Anri Barbus St.
1. By Metro – Kontraktova Ploshcha, walk on the street Kostiantynivska towards “Zhovten” cinema. The entrance to “cinematographic” arche.
2. By car – you can get to the central entrance of the clinic from Kostiantynivska St. through “cinematographic” arche. It is also possible to park a car in the parking lot near the square on the street Yaroslavska.
1. By Metro – Pecherska, walk on the street Lasya Ukrainka to the side of The Ivan Bohun Military High School. The building where the clinic is placed is located behind the CEC building and has a wave-shaped roof.
2. By car – the first arrival to the central entrance of the clinic is possible from Lesya Ukrainka St. behind The Ivan Bohun Military High School. Also it is possible to get there from the side of Staronavodnytska St., the turn is near the pointer of TSARSKY sport club. The building where the clinic is placed has a wave-shaped roof.