Teleroentgenography is a type of diagnostic which is the most effective type of dental diagnostic during the correction of teeth and bite, preparing for total prosthetics, in case of injuries of the maxillofacial area and for intermediate control of treatment. Modern equipment gives minimal radiation so the diagnostic is safe but during pregnancy it is prescribed only in case of emergency.
Indications for teleroentgenography
- to determine the factors affecting the wrong bite;
- to study the characteristics of the cranial bones;
- to determine the direction of displacement of teeth;
- to identify individual features of growth, anatomical structure or abnormalities of the dental system;
- for intermediate control of treatment;
- for preparing for total prosthetics.
During the procedure, the patient can stand or sit, and in order for the image to be the clearest – you need to keep your head still. Teleroentgenography procedure is completely painless, takes a few minutes and is performed in comfortable conditions for the patient. The doctor may prescribe this type of diagnosis after a preliminary examination. If necessary, a spot dental filming or dental panoramic image of the teeth and computed tomography may also be required.
Advantages of the teleroentgenography
- gives maximum information to orthodontists;
- safety of the procedures due to the use of modern digital equipment;
- the procedure takes little time, which allows you to quickly examine the data, determine the diagnosis and begin treatment planning.