Traditional local anesthesia in dentistry is carried out with the help of injection, which can cause psychological discomfort for many patients because first there is a primary penetration of the needle into the tissue, and then it is moved deep into the tissue and the anesthetic is introduced. This can cause unpleasant, and even painful sensations in the process of conducting local anesthesia. The STA apparatus reminds of a syringe very remotely, and looks rather like a “ballpoint pen.” The use of STA computer anesthesia is not accompanied by numbness of the tongue, lips and facial muscles. Thus, the patient does not feel any additional discomfort either during dental treatment or after completion of the procedures. This factor is especially important for anesthesia in pediatric dentistry because there are known cases of injury to immobile tissues (for example, a child may bite his/her lip or tongue).
The apparatus of the STA system consists of two main components: an electronic unit with a special microprocessor and a sterile disposable venflon (intravenous cannula) with a needle. The ergonomic tip of The Wand ensures the accuracy and painlessness of anesthesia using the STA system. With the help The Wand tip, delicate penetration of the mucous membrane occurs, the doctor directs the needle and performs effective pain relief. This needle has a minimum thickness. With the first touch of the gum or tooth, the STA device receives information on tissue resistance and selects the optimal mode for the introduction of anesthetic. Thus, imperceptible, painless anesthesia occurs taking into account the individual characteristics of the tissues in each individual case. When the needle moves inwards, the data about the resistance of the tissue is received. This affects the choice of the next anesthetic injection mode. One of the main principles of the STA system is based on the fact that the anesthetic enters the nerve endings along the path of least resistance, therefore the patient does not experience pain or discomfort (for example, feelings of “bursting” or “burning”) during anesthesia. The speed, pressure and amount of anesthetic injection are controlled using a special DPS (Dynamic Pressure Sensing) microprocessor. Due to this feature, the STA system of local anesthesia became the first interactive anesthetic system in dentistry. Based on the data on the state and resistance of the tissues, the STA device delivers a special visual and audible signal, for example, when there is excessive pressure on the needle. In this case, the flow of anesthetic is automatically blocked. Also, the DPS microprocessor controls the correct position of the needle, which neutralizes the painful sensations. For example, when conducting a technically complex intraligamentous anesthesia, it is very important that the doctor sets the optimal needle-ligament position accurately.
Another feature of STA computer anesthesia is the ability to slowly move the needle, smoothly and evenly. In this case, the needle can perform the necessary rotational movements. For example, this feature allows you to accelerate the onset of the pain-relieving effect, as well as to perform anesthesia as accurately as possible, without increasing the pressing force for the necessary movement of the needle forward.
The use of STA computer anesthesia in dentistry has several advantages for both the doctor and the patient. With the help of this technology, it is possible to conduct the most accurate local anesthesia, which is absolutely painless for the patient and most effective in terms of carrying out certain dental procedures. The doctor does not need to make several injections since the STA device allows to anesthetize several teeth at once. Constant control of the speed and pressure of anesthetic injection in each individual case minimizes the possibility of injury to tissues, the occurrence of pain or ineffective anesthesia. All these nuances allow the doctor to perform procedures of any complexity at a high level of accuracy and quality in conditions that are most comfortable for the patient.
STA computer anesthesia is successfully used in Avanto clinics. Our specialists guarantee that all types of dental treatment are carried out in the most comfortable conditions for patients.
Avanto (Center) Dental Clinic
1. By Metro – Palace Ukraine, walk to the side of Predslavynska St., left turn into Novopecherskyi Lane. The clinic is placed in Prestige Hall residential complex, the entrance is from the side of Anri Barbus St.
2. By car – you can get to the central entrance to the clinic from Ionna Pavla II St. (the former – Patrisa Lumumby St.), turn into Anri Barbus St.
Avanto (Podil) Dental Clinic
1. By Metro – Kontraktova Ploshcha, walk on the street Kostiantynivska towards “Zhovten” cinema. The entrance to “cinematographic” arche.
2. By car – you can get to the central entrance of the clinic from Kostiantynivska St. through “cinematographic” arche. It is also possible to park a car in the parking lot near the square on the street Yaroslavska.
Avanto (Pechersk) Dental Clinic
1. By Metro – Pecherska, walk on the street Lasya Ukrainka to the side of The Ivan Bohun Military High School. The building where the clinic is placed is located behind the CEC building and has a wave-shaped roof.
2. By car – the first arrival to the central entrance of the clinic is possible from Lesya Ukrainka St. behind The Ivan Bohun Military High School. Also it is possible to get there from the side of Staronavodnytska St., the turn is near the pointer of TSARSKY sport club. The building where the clinic is placed has a wave-shaped roof.