NOOS inhalation analgesia (nitrous oxide-oxygen sedation)
Nitrous oxide is a tasteless and smell-less inert gas. Light sedation using “laughing-gas” relaxes and calms down, eliminates the feeling of fear, reduces discomfort during anesthesia, and enhances its effect. During the treatment, a patient is conscious, communicates with the doctor, and answers his questions. Inhalation analgesia allows performing a dental intervention for the most comfortable experience for patients. This method is used for all types of dental treatment. For a long period nitrous oxide-oxygen sedation is used in modern dentistry for the treatment of adult patients and children.
A special sensor is put on the patient’s finger, which informs the doctor about the indicators of blood oxygen saturation and allows you to control the pulse. A special mask is applied to the patient’s nose, and through a special apparatus, he inhales a mixture of nitrogen and oxygen. During the nitrous oxide-oxygen sedation the doctor constantly monitors the patient’s vital signs using a cardiac monitor which is equipped with an automatic warning system about deviations from the norm. The doctor is informed about this by sound and indication signals. In case of norm deviation, the procedure is immediately stopped.
Each patient has individual feelings under inhalation analgesia. Mainly the feeling of calmness arises, the patient abstracts from the situation, feels the relaxation of all muscles, slight numbness in the body, but at the same time does not fall asleep.
We should say that analgesia leads to a state of oppression of consciousness without blocking it. Nitrous-oxide sedation is used as additional anesthesia, so during the dental intervention, the use of injection anesthesia is not excluded.
The gas completely vanishes from the lungs within 5-15 minutes. According to the protocol after the nitrous-oxide sedation is completed, “ventilation of the lungs” using pure oxygen is performed until the active substance disappears completely. After the procedure you can drive your car without worrying that NOOS may influence your concentration and attention.
Thanks to the use of a modern device “TechnoGaz”, the risk factor on the part of the doctor is also excluded: the device will block the supply of “laughing gas” in case of low oxygen concentration. A doctor applies only the maximum permissible concentration of nitrous oxide, which excludes the possibility of overdose.
For the safest use of inhalation analgesia in pediatric dentistry, during treatment, the doctor must constantly maintain verbal contact with the child. However, children under 3 are still not quite accurate and understandable while expressing their thoughts and feelings. That’s why it’s better to apply nitrous oxide for the treatment of children aged 3 years and older.
Avanto clinics operate under the license issued by Ministry of Health of Ukraine. We use only certified equipment and high quality materials by the world leading manufacturers. Medical staff has all relevant documents and the narrow field of specialization. Over 29 years of successful work, more than 30,000 patients have entrusted us with their health.
Avanto (Center) Dental Clinic
1. By Metro – Palace Ukraine, walk to the side of Predslavynska St., left turn into Novopecherskyi Lane. The clinic is placed in Prestige Hall residential complex, the entrance is from the side of Vasyl Tyutyunnik St.
2. By car – you can get to the central entrance to the clinic from Ionna Pavla II St. (the former – Patrisa Lumumby St.), turn into Vasyl Tyutyunnik St.
Avanto (Podil) Dental Clinic
1. By Metro – Kontraktova Ploshcha, walk on the street Kostiantynivska towards “Zhovten” cinema. The entrance to “cinematographic” arche.
2. By car – you can get to the central entrance of the clinic from Kostiantynivska St. through “cinematographic” arche. It is also possible to park a car in the parking lot near the square on the street Yaroslavska.
Avanto (Pechersk) Dental Clinic
1. By Metro – Pecherska, walk on the street Lasya Ukrainka to the side of The Ivan Bohun Military High School. The building where the clinic is placed is located behind the CEC building and has a wave-shaped roof.
2. By car – the first arrival to the central entrance of the clinic is possible from Lesya Ukrainka St. behind The Ivan Bohun Military High School. Also it is possible to get there from the side of Staronavodnytska St., the turn is near the pointer of TSARSKY sport club. The building where the clinic is placed has a wave-shaped roof.