The removal of milk teeth (or baby teeth) is a procedure that all children undergo. We care about our young patients therefore, we created the most comfortable conditions for them. In the consulting room, a child can play and relax, meet with the doctor. An effective anesthesia is performed with a magic “pen” or computer anesthesia STA (Single Tooth Anesthesia System), and cartoons distract from medical manipulations. To make a child feel completely safe, parents may be present in a room.
When milk teeth need to be removed
To avoid complications, you should not leave milk teeth in the following cases:
- if there is caries in neglected condition – then the tooth is seriously destroyed and cannot be restored;
- in case there is a cystis near around tooth base;
- if the milk tooth is loose for a long time but does not fall out (this causes discomfort to the child and can lead to inflammation of the gums);
- if a milk tooth is firmly held, preventing the growth of a permanent tooth;
- if a milk tooth takes place of a permanent tooth and this leads to the violation of the dentition and the formation of the wrong bite;
- in case of severe damage of the tooth (when there is a split, big fraction or root damage);
- according to the recommendation of the orthodontist: when the removal of one or a few milk teeth is necessary for the formation of correct bite and beautiful dentition;
- if the child has an extra (accessory) tooth – such situations are rare.
Why milk teeth cannot be removed at home
You can’t remove milk teeth at home. Sometimes a tooth is so loose that it doesn’t even require anesthesia, but this is not a reason to ignore a visit to a pediatric dentist, because only a specialist will do everything correctly and in sterile conditions. Removing milk teeth at home can cause the child pain or psychological trauma or lead to complications.
Milk teeth removal in Avanto clinics
We have been specializing in pediatric dentistry for over 20 years. We use modern equipment to create the most sterile and safe conditions for young patients in Avanto clinics meanwhile our doctors will find an approach to the most fearful fidgets and make sure they smile.