Anti-age prosthetics is the latest direction of advanced dentistry. We look younger when we have healthy teeth and a beautiful smile. A full dentition, correct occlusion, color and shape of teeth are the factors that influence our appearance both positively and negatively. Nowadays any imperfections in this area can be corrected.
How do teeth affect appearance?
- the dentition creates a “support” for the tissues of the cheeks and lips (when the teeth are erased with age, the tissues lose their tone and sag, forming wrinkles);
- with age, there is a decrease in the height of the occlusion, which leads to the deepening of the nasolabial folds;
- even in case of the absence of one tooth, abnormal occlusion may develop, which visually changes the structure of the face;
- as a result of hormonal age-related changes, the skin loses its elasticity, and the oval of the face “floats”, revealing the lower teeth;
- temporomandibular joint problems can lead to bruxism (the grinding of teeth during sleep) and premature destruction of fillings and crowns.
Anti-age dentistry combines complex dental treatment, including abnormal occlusion treatment, art dental restoration, and prosthetics. Due to the correction of age-related changes of teeth, patients look 10-15 years younger and smile happily. In Avanto clinics anti-age dentistry consists of the following areas:
- restoration of erased, thinned teeth is carried out with the help of modern tabs, crowns or veneers;
- implantation and aesthetic prosthetics allow restoring of the missing teeth;
- correction of the height of the occlusion visually tightens the oval of the face in its lower third and ensures the visibility of the upper teeth when talking and smiling;
- restoration of normal temporomandibular joint function has a positive effect on facial contours and relieves patients from pain and clicks in this area;
- professional teeth cleaning and whitening return the natural healthy look and beauty of a smile;
- with the help of effective methods of therapy and hygiene existing gum diseases are treated, due to which the gums also gain a healthy appearance.
As a result, the face pulls up and takes on a more youthful appearance, and the patient no longer experiences discomfort because of problematic teeth or pain in the joints. The patient feels better not only physically, but also emotionally. All of this affects self-esteem and improves the quality of life significantly.